High Power Emitter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beo-ap
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  18:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One suggestion I have is for one additional mini-jack "output" connection, that would allow for the connection of a high power emitter/blaster.

How would I use this and why is it useful?

Like many other B&O users, part of the appeal of the brand is esthetic/design. A product like Lintronic because of its function does not need to have high esthetic design qualities. And because its function is mostly supportive, my preference would be to hide it in the cabinet.

We already have two receiver options: the Lintronic and the B&0 ir receivers. You install the one that best suits your needs.

But if I want to emit an IR code, specifically one of equivalent power to the built-in IR emitter, then I really have no option to hide the 238 in the cabinet. Just to be clear I already have regular emitters going to the other equipment in the cabinet.

In my application, I have x-10 wall pads that send one x-10 code to the 238, that then converts that to B&O Power Off All, x-10 signals to B&O Avant Picture Mute, x-10 to B&O volume control, and others.

Ideally, I could just hide the 238 and connect the low power IR emitters in the cabinet and bring a high power IR emitter out of the cabinet.

Without knowing anything about production/development costs, I suppose some of the cost could be offset by the sale of high power emitters.

LinTronic
Forum Admin

440 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  00:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry you do not like the looks/design of the -238 as it includes one of the markets most powerfull IR boosters.

We used to have an external combined IR receiver/transmitter for wall-mount, but we sold very little of it.

If you like, you could remove the pcb from a -238 and optionally built it into anything of your own liking.
Go to Top of Page

Corvin

18 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  12:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, this has been done a number of times with great results by others, it really is extremly flexible.
Go to Top of Page

beo-ap
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2007 :  17:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, getting this far into modifying a system is very intimidating. I've tried soldering once or twice. I'm afraid much practice is required before I would even consider such a venture. I wouldn't even know where to start. But it's a thought.

As for the design of the 238 I must admit it's completely unobstrusive, if only my application allowed it to be so. Really I am quite satisfied.

How about a field in the "map" application that allows you to name each line of translation code with a remark text. That way when you come back to it and on the "manual" non-B&O commands are more legible.

I know this would use memory on the 238, so maybe it's only saved in the "manual" file.
Go to Top of Page

LinTronic
Forum Admin

440 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  23:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"That way when you come back to it and on the "manual" non-B&O commands are more legible"
- Please explain. The Owners Manual should reflect what you need.
Go to Top of Page

A.Zwaan

11 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2009 :  20:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking for the opposite, not boosting the emitting power but improving the receiving capacity, when I noticed a remark on wallmounted IR receivers. So perhaps this forum could be of some help.
I use the external receiver TT-IR-1455, but I still have to aim my BEO4 rather accurate to get it noticed. And it needs a not obstructed line of view. Is there a reliable and proved way to get a better sensititvity?

Anne Zwaan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
LinTronic Forum © Snitz / LinTronic Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000